Dont Look Back

Friday, July 8, 2016

I've heard it many times.
Katy Perry sings it in Teenage Dream, "Let's run away and
Don't ever look back".
Walk The Moon sings it in Shut Up And Dance, "Oh don't you dare look back.
Just keep your eyes on me."
I said, "You're holding back,"
She said, "Shut up and dance with me!"
And I can't help but to be reminded of Genesis 19:26, where Lot and his wife are fleeing 
Sodom and Gomorrah (an evil city) and they were told not to look back. Lots wife did however look back and she was turned into a pillar of salt. 
Now, this sounds bizarre but I think I am learning something from this message of "not looking back".

For me, a lot of times I reflect, which don't get me wrong-is good, but not all the time. I think about the past so much and I analyze until I simply can't anymore. This little reminder is so good, not because I am going to literally turn into salt but because focusing on now is so important. 
We can be so wrapped up living in the past or even in the future we forget to be fully present, so if you need this too, then don't look back! 

Something about running away with a lover in each one of these and not looking back because what else is there? Only now. I love in Shut Up And Dance the next line is "keep your eyes on me" because it spoke to me and reminded me to not look back but to keep my eyes on God and he will guide me to where I need to go.

For some people God gives off a negative connotation, but don't let, again, the past define what you think of God today. He is here today, and every day and His love is new each day.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |